Friday, March 15, 2013

Nothing To Do But Smile

Happy Friday! and for no reason at all, here is a picture of my pup, Dexter.




I always get a rush of excitement come Friday morning in anticipation of the upcoming weekend. I love the endless possibilities and plans I can make in 2 whole days off. While set weekend plans are a great way to look forward to an upcoming weekend, I also really love those weekends with nothing planned. As of lately, those types of weekends are the best for knocking things off my wedding to do list, which is what I plan to do this weekend.

Call me a nerd, but I'm big on lists. Grocery lists, wedding planning lists, house project lists, items of clothing I want to purchase lists-- you name it, I probably have a list for it. The most fun and probably nost nerdy list I make are my weekend to do lists. I think they are a great way to anticipate the upcoming weekend and be sure you are spending it doing the things that will make you the most happy. Some of my weekend to do lists don't even include anything productive, just things I want to make sure to do. For example, I can recall one to do do list last summer that included trying the new blood orange flavor at Pink Berry (I can even remember internally laughing at myself for how silly that was to actually schedule on a to do list. and I don't even think I ever did it.....!), take Dexter for a long walk downtown, and check out the farmer's market.




 
Latley, my lists have always included wedding projects. This weekend I am focusing on cooking a really great dinner for my future husband, deep cleaning our house, purging a ton of old clothes (this is the hardest thing ever for me!), and  finishing a sandwich board of sorts to welcome guests to our wedding. I am hoping it comes out looking like this idea I found online.
 
 
via


 
 
Here is the work-in-progress. I will post soon how I traced the letters onto the sign and hopefully post the final project if i'm able to tackle everything on my to do list this weekend!
 
 
Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment